Hi everyone! Welcome to our show notes for Episode 7 of The Enlightened Pharmacist Podcast. Today, we’re going to be talking to Professor Garry Egger.
He is a Professor of Health and Human Sciences at Southern Cross University and an advisor to many corporate bodies in chronic disease prevention. He has qualifications in behavioural biology and epidemiology
I share a similar passion for preventative medicine with Prof Egger and found him when I asked my health coach trainer, Shivaun Conn, who she would recommend to interview.
I am very excited to take a deep dive into health and wellbeing, which includes the absence of disease, but also health equity, social justice, corporate responsibility, and environmental sustainability.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Secrets to a successful health promotion campaign
- Professor Garry’s work in identifying 15 determinants or drivers of chronic disease
- One simple strategy to find your flow/being in the zone so you can fulfil your life’s purpose and reconnect with your community
- How you can rinse and repeat your “flow” through muscle memory and visualisation
- Prof Garry’s current project on the win-win Shared Medical Appointments where GPs can multi-task and patients can participate and help each other reach health goals
Prof Egger’s 15 determinants of chronic disease NASTIE MAL ODOURS
I= Inadequate Sleep
L= Loss of culture/identity
O= Over and under exposure
- Prof Garry’s article on Healthy Living featuring the 15 determinants of chronic disease and how you can optimise these
- Prof Garry’s book Lifestyle Medicine
- Samuel Fussells’s book Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder
- Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine
Other episodes you’ll enjoy:
Introduction to The Enlightened Pharmacist